|
18 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Squaring a Number with the Wolfram Cloud in an Android App

Posted 10 years ago
POSTED BY: Brett Haines
5 Replies

I saw in a video that Wolfram said that they will be allowing direct compiling into and APK. I sure hope that includes more than just an embed code directed at a web API. Anything that can be local should be local if at all possible. Apps that are overly dependent on the web get tons of bad ratings, which drops your rank, which drops your chances of having a successful app.

POSTED BY: David Johnston

This is very useful to see a full example like this. However, isn't there certain functions that convert directly to native java so you don't have to hit the API for stuff like this?

Having everything be an API call or an Iframe is just bad for usability. Most people have intermittent internet connections. There has to be a way to export as native java for all parts that can, the rest can be kept in the cloud. Thoughts?

POSTED BY: David Johnston

I assume this post is just an overview using a simple application to demonstrate calling the API from Android-Java. Java has Math.pow(b,e).

POSTED BY: Jesse Friedman

So ...everytime a user hits the button - i use a cloud credit ?? Is this how the system works?

POSTED BY: William Stewart

Short answer, yes.

Whenever a call is made to a Cloud API, credits are deducted from the person that deployed that API. That is to say, if you were to make and deploy an API, your personal account would be deducted credits every time your users clicked the compute button.

On the other hand, since I deployed the squaring API used in the above example, my account is deducted credits anytime someone uses it.

POSTED BY: Brett Haines
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract