How to add check boxes to FormFunction

Posted 10 years ago
kform = FormFunction[{"First Name" -> "String", 
        "Last Name" -> "String", "Email" -> "EmailAddress", 
        "Product" -> CheckboxBar[{}, {"A", "B", "C"}],
        "My Product " -> {A, B, C},
        "Type" -> {"2 ", "1 "}}, fu];

enter image description here

Why does the CheckBoxBar not work ? What Am I doing Wrong ?

POSTED BY: Ninad Faterpekar
7 Replies

That also works great. Thanks Ninad!

POSTED BY: Raul Sananes

Raul, You could try this too

CloudDeploy[
 FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, 
  SendMail["To" -> "test@wolfram.com", 
    "Body" -> StringJoin["First Phrase,", "Second Phrase"], 
    "Subject" -> "Hello"] &], Permissions -> "Public"]

This gives me a email like :

POSTED BY: Ninad Faterpekar

Thanks Chad, what I needed was to change the comma "," for "<>". So this solves it:

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase"<>"Second Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase"<>"Second Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

Raul, thanks for noticing. This is a bug which should be fixed soon. In the meantime, you can use an alternate form of SendMail:

co2 = CloudDeploy[
  FormFunction[{{"char", "enter some text"} -> "String"}, 
   SendMail["To" -> "info@wolfram.com", "Subject" -> #char,  "Body" -> "hello"] &], Permissions -> "Public"]

I've taken the liberty of specifying the input variable as "char", and adding a description to it. If you want to use the input (as I have done), a shorter name is helpful.

POSTED BY: Chad Knutson

So I got to advance in the problem but I keep having one trouble when sending the email:

This example works perfect:

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

But if I introduce a Second Phrase, it does not work:

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase","Second Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"Enter one character and hit ENTER" -> "String"}, SendMail["testtest@wolfram.com", {"First Phrase","Second Phrase"}]&],Permissions = "Public"]

Hello. I want to create a form almost exactly as the one in this example, but I want to send an email to a specific email address with the information in the form when the person filling it clicks on submit. How can I do that? Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I don't think a control like CheckboxBar has been implemented. The closest option is "Boolean", but you would have to use it for each option. You could make the suggestion below look better with some more sophisticated FormObject options (put all the checkboxes in a single row)

kform = FormFunction[{"First Name" -> "String", 
    "Last Name" -> "String", "Email" -> "EmailAddress", 
    "ProductA" -> "Boolean", "ProductB" -> "Boolean", 
    "ProductC" -> "Boolean", "My Product " -> {A, B, Cc}, 
    "Type" -> {"2 ", "1 "}}, fu][]

POSTED BY: Chad Knutson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract