Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Regionalization is going too far for me, please give me a choice.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
3 Replies

A web developer told me,

But for now, we don't do the ip detection for our wolfram.com, only for certain pods. What language users see depends on the browser language setting. So that user might change the language setting in her browser. That's why she is seeing our pages in German.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

Thank you for your quick help, Bruce! Changing the browser language setting indeed works. However, I can see that becoming a problem when viewing other sites (which I may actually want to read in German), and having to switch browser settings all the time really isn't particularly comfortable, so I have to say I still believe that a selection menu or something along those lines would be helpful. I know I've seen language choice buttons on some of your pages (although I can't find an example right now) where I could have changed from English to Spanish or (I think) Chinese... Maybe I dreamt that though.

Anyway, your reply solves the immediate issue, and if the lack of choice is not intentional on your part, then I suppose that eases my general concerns as well.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract