Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to delete all output cell by one click ?

Posted 10 years ago

I am a beginner of the Programming Cloud. I would like to delete all output on my notebook of Cloud, but not able to find the menu to delete all output by one click. I would appreciated your suggestions.

Thanks, Yoshihiro Sato

POSTED BY: Yoshihiro Sato
5 Replies

Typically the various Notebook manipulation commands do not work for cloud notebooks accessed via a browser. They do work if you access cloud documents via the Wolfram Desktop though.

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

I have tried to access cloud documents via Mathematica 10 on desktop successively . Thank you.

POSTED BY: Yoshihiro Sato
Posted 10 years ago

Not sure if this works in the cloud, but it does in Mathematica 9:

NotebookFind[SelectedNotebook[], "Output", All, CellStyle]; FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken["Clear"]]
POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino

I think that the poster is asking how to delete just all of the output cells. In Mathematica (on the mac, there's a similar command on Windows) one just option-clicks on an output cell's cell bracket and then all output cells are selected.

In the browser version of the Wolfram cloud this does not seem to work. It would be a nice functionality to have.

If you access your cloud notebook via the Wolfram Desktop then it does work there.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

I haven't tried this on every browser, but what works for me is to use the keyboard shortcut for select all (CMD+A on Mac) while the notebook is selected. That should select all the cells in the notebook which you can then delete. If you use the browser's edit menu, select all, rather than the keyboard shortcut it will not work (because we can't override the menu behavior like we can the keyboard shortcut).

Here's another trick if you just want to delete a block of cells. Use CMD+4 to insert a section cell before and after the block you want to remove. Now you can just select the outer section bracket which contains all of the cells delete everything. You can remove the second section by selecting the inner bracket that contains only the section cell.

POSTED BY: Andrew de Laix
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract