|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Report Generation: Doubled Output

I watched a video by John Fultz called Report Generation with Wolfram Technologies and wanted to try it out. I created a template notebook and a notebook that generates a report based on the template. For some reason, I am getting my output twice as shown below: enter image description here

I have no idea what is causing this. I have attached the notebooks for anybody to look at, and any help would be appreciated.

Also, when I click the Help button in the template notebook editor, I get this message:

"paclet:guide/ReportGeneration" could not be found.

Is there some way that I can get that paclet?

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Tim Mayes
3 Replies

Ok, I figured this out, but I don't quite understand why it now works.

What I did in the template file was to select the cell with the "firstChart" slot. Then I clicked the Cell Behavior button and chose Evaluate and Delete. This fixed the double chart output problem, so I did the same for "secondChart" and it now worked for both. I had assumed that evaluate and delete would actually delete the output, though I didn't know why that was desirable. I now see what it does, but I still don't quite understand it.

I still don't know if I have the documentation for this report generation feature. If I click the Help button in the upper-right corner of the template notebook, I get the error:

"paclet:guide/ReportGeneration" could not be found.

But there is a guide/DocumentGeneration in the help system. I wonder if that button is linked to a non-existent guide/ReportGeneration, that was perhaps renamed at the last minute? Or, am I just missing the documentation on how to work with templates? The only thing that I can find is that video that I linked to in the first post.

Tim

Paul,

Thanks for the feedback, and you are right that I had the same function twice. That was because I quickly put that together as an example.

I changed that function and still have exactly the same problem. Also, I had the same doubled output in my original template that was actually a beginning for what I want to do. Just to be clear, there are two charts that should be in the report, but each one is appearing twice.

Any other ideas?

Tim

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Tim

I think it is because in your template generator you have a duplicate function, for both sin and cos you are using PLot[Sin[x]]

Paul.

POSTED BY: Paul Cleary
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract