Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

CSV / XLS file uploads simply do not work in Alpha?

Posted 10 years ago

I signed up for a Pro Trial account today. I am interested in analysis of CSV / XLS documents and I wanted to see if the Pro subscription would be worthwhile to me. However, the feature simply does not work at all. Files upload, but no analysis is performed. At best, upon submitting a request to compute, I'll receive a blank page with nothing but a search field. At worst, I get invalid data responses. I've also seen what I suspect, but cannot confirm, is my upload data being interpreted as search terms? (The latter happened with XLS input)

I've tried uploading CVS files with commas as well as tabs and XLS.

Whatever the case or purpose, none of these formats actually appear to work today on Wolfram Alpha, at least not with the Pro Trial account.

Please, help!

Thank you - Eric

POSTED BY: Eric Windisch
3 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you. I've discovered that smaller datasets are working. My larger dataset (between 350 kB to 950 kB) is not working. I did get an error with uploading larger files, so I assume these datasets should be supported?

I forwarded your report to info@wolframalpha.com.

At the bottom of an Alpha output page is a window labeled "Give us your feedback:".
When one types into it, it enlarges as needed.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 10 years ago

I ended up paying for Pro anyway, suspecting it might be the Trial status of my account. No, this feature still does NOT work. Instead, I simply lost $7 of my money. Is this the only avenue for support?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract