Message Boards Message Boards

Can not built MathLink Examples on Raspberry Pi

Posted 10 years ago

Hello Community,

I am using the Raspberry Pi, Modell B with the latest version of Raspbian and the Wolfram Engine. For an project I need to wirte an own MathLink Addon and therefore I started to look at the existing examples in: /opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/MathLinkExamples

I tried to built the simple addtwo Example, but only got this error:

sudo make addtwo
/usr/bin/cc -c  -I/opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/MathLinkExamples/../CompilerAdditions addtwo.c
/usr/bin/c++  -I/opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/MathLinkExamples/../CompilerAdditions addtwotm.o addtwo.o -L/opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/MathLinkExamples/../CompilerAdditions -lML32i4 -lm -lpthread -lrt -lstdc++ -ldl -luuid -o addtwo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:29: recipe for target 'addtwo' failed
make: *** [addtwo] Error 1

I could not manage to get it to work, could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot,

Nico

POSTED BY: Nico Maas
6 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you Alex and Illian for your help :)! It is now working as expected!

You could add to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/CompilerAdditions
POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 10 years ago

OK, I came across an idea: I copied the contant of the /opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-ARM/CompilerAdditions Folder:

libML32i3.a  libML32i3.so  libML32i4.a  libML32i4.so  mathlink.h  mcc  mprep

to /usr/lib

and ran sudo /sbin/ldconfig to refresh the cache. Now it works. But that is quite an ugly solution. Which adjustment should I do make it a proper solution?

Hi, the process is failing because it needs the uuid development libraries. You can install them with the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install uuid-dev

We'll update the installer to require this package.

POSTED BY: Alex Newman
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you very much, Alex. Now I could built the example. But sadly, on execution of the binary I get now following error:

./addtwo
./addtwo: error while loading shared libraries: libML32i4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea about that?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nico

POSTED BY: Alex Newman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract