|
|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

How Can I Recover from Upgrading Windows While Being a Beta Tester?

I upgraded my windows computer from version 7 to version 8.1 while being a beta tester. As a result the mathpass file only contains beta test licenses and Mathematica says my license has expired. How do i recover the original licensing info which I need since premier service licenses don't have activation keys?

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
4 Replies

I was wrong. premier service licenses do have activation keys. However, the activation key was not listed in my account at the Wolfram User Portal. That was because I had changed my contact e-mail address, according to customer service. They have since put the activation keys back in. I don't know if the MathID changed when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. I discovered the problem over the weekend and got a temporary fix Monday evening, thanks to Arnoud Buzing, who was the first to respond to my 5 e-mails to different parts of Wolfram Research, describing the problem. If Wolfram Research has an employee of the year award, he has my nomination.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas

"premier service licenses don't have activation keys"

I am concerned you might be mixing two issues. Single-user Professional licenses for Windows and Macintosh Mathematica have used Activation Keys since version 8.0. Premier Service is about the help available, when.

A big operating system jump might have changed the MathID, which is part of the password-generation process. If the MathID changed, then you will need a new regular password for your regular Mathematicas.

Customer Service (info@wolfram.com, 217-398-5151) is the place to obtain regular passwords.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

If you have a backup of your system then perhaps all you need to do is copy the backup of your

$PasswordFile

to the updated OS.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

I'm pretty sure that premier service licenses still have activation keys.

You can find your activation key on the Wolfram User Portal: http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12392

Or, if that doesn't work, I would call/contact Wolfram Customer Support.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract