Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica ignores styling for ticks labels (fixed)

Posted 10 years ago

I am trying to enlarge the ticks labels using the TicksStyle property without any success. This property does not affect neither font face nor size (i tried wide variety of options).

Actually, my trouble is best illustrated by screenshot

Ticks labels

I have no clue what is the reason of such behavior; may be it is in my system (according to Mathematica About screen i am using Mathematica 10.0.1.0 on Linux x86 (64-bit) if this matters).

3 Replies

To save others the typing,

GraphicsRow[{ 
    Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, TicksStyle -> Directive[Orange, 16]],
    Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, TicksStyle -> Directive[Magenta, 32]]  }]

On my Ubuntu 12.04, Mathematica 10.0.1 gives different styles. enter image description here

Suggestions:

1. If you try this input in a new Mathematica session, do you get the same misbehavior?

2. Reset Mathematica initialization files to default values by starting Mathematica (in a terminal window) with the -clean option. Example:

mathematica -clean &

3. Send a copy of the notebook with GraphicsRow input and output, and the output from $Version to support@wolfram.com. Mention this Community discussion, 368982.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

Thank you very much, running 'mathematica -clean' fixed everything. Problem solved.

Looks like a bug in your version of Mathematica (I am running 10.0.1 on OSX). Here is my output:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract