Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to use Wolfram Alpha Pro?? It keeps giving me wrong answers.

Posted 10 years ago

Is there a tutorial as to how to put in certain algebra problems in? I have the key for answers but the answers are not matching up. I check the input and it's correct. Now, on a few questions I don't think I'm entering stuff right. for example questions such as find where f(x) =g(x) with the equation. there are so many questions I have but there isn't even a search box where i can find help . I'm desperate for some help. Thank you to anyone that can help.

POSTED BY: Ambi J
7 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you for the help. Wolfram is still just complicated to me. It has been a struggle. Thank you again

Posted 10 years ago

How do we differentiate which category we get step by step answers in wolfram pro

POSTED BY: Laura Jackson
Posted 10 years ago
Solve[(2 x - 2) + (2 x + 2) == 43, x]
Solve[(2 x - 2)*(2 x + 2) == 4, x]
Solve[(2 x - 2) == (2 x + 2), x]

This is how I'd input this in to Wolfram Alpha or Mathematica. I had a look at the solutions and they seem correct:

1st Answer: x=43/3 2nd Answer: x=-Root(2) or x=+Root(2) 3nd Answer: No solution exists

POSTED BY: Priyan Fernando
Posted 10 years ago

I also put this in and got an answer different from the key. ^3?-27a^15b^9 my key says answer is -3a^5b^9 but Wolfram gave me -14348907a^5b^9

Posted 10 years ago

Let f(x)=2x?2 and g(x)=2x+2 and find x if

a. f(x)+g(x)=43 b. f(x)g(x)=4 c. f(x)=g(x)

Thank you for the replies. Here is an example . I appreciate the help !

Under the entry slot is a link labeled Examples. enter image description here

That opens a page of topics for which there are examples prepared. enter image description here

Clicking the Algebra link opens a page with many examples of entering algebra problems,
http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/Algebra.html

If the Examples don't help, you can ask Wolfram|Alpha staff via the "Give us your feedback" slot at the bottom of an output page, or by email to info@wolframalpha.com . (Email would let you attach a screen shot. The feedback slot automatically includes the input line.) As Priyan said, a specific example is valuable.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 10 years ago

An example might help.

POSTED BY: Priyan Fernando
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract