Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
14 Replies
|
12 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Is Mathematica 10.0.1 compatible with released version of OS X Yosemite?

The Title says it all!

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
14 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

On my 4K VX2880ml display after awaking the windows are sorted to the upper left and shrank somewhat. I have to reposition and resize them manually all the time. Very annoying. I think it is an OS X issue.

POSTED BY: Janos Lobb
Posted 10 years ago

Got the email with

Take a look at this thread:

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/348295

It took two tries but it worked.

Thanks

POSTED BY: Updating Name
Posted 10 years ago

The installer will not allow me to put in on my Mac 10.0.1

POSTED BY: Mervin Hanson

What do you mean exactly by "The installer will not allow me to put in on my Mac." This is under OS X 10.10, Yosemite? What exactly happens?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg

For reasons that are unclear, whenever OSX undergoes a major version update they delete previous versions of Java 6. So one just has to reinstall it from the link that Szabolcs provided.

I imagine that Mathematica will eventually be updated to work with the more recent versions of Java....

POSTED BY: David Reiss

The dialog that shows the error message should have a button that will open the website where you can download it.

This is the site: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
Posted 10 years ago

I keep getting the error legacy Java SE 6 must be installed. I have Java 8 installed but I cannot find 6. Anyone know the solution?

POSTED BY: Casey Penney

It's ok for me.

POSTED BY: Rodrigo Murta

No problems on either of my computers. I do not see the Japanese characters, either.

I suddenly have some menu items in Japanese. Has anyone seen something similar? Also the help menu item shows up in Japanese.

Mathematica 10.0.1 menu with OSX Yosemite

Seems to work so far, including OpenCLLink and Compile[..., CompilationTarget -> "C"]. Didn't have the chance to test CUDALink.

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

No problems so far.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Yes

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract