|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to disable information box

Posted 10 years ago

I am trying out Mathematica 10. Its great, I like the new stuff, but I would like to disable this little box

Infobox

which is poping up hovering the mouse over every function, property, etc. When clicking on it, the help page of the function is displayed. As mostly I don't need help, this box is rather disturbing. I didn't find out how to disable it in the preference section so there is possibly something to uncheck in the options inspector. Can anybody help?

POSTED BY: Ulrich Utiger
3 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

I finally decided to correct my comment above because it does not work. It does not work either when AutoPopEnable and FloatingElementDelay is set false... Will you PLEASE give us a choice to disable all these popups in the next version of Mathematica?

Also, when clicking at some special position on the heads of expressions, they are selected entirely, which is very annoying too. I went back to version 9 because of all this, which is a pity because otherwise I like version 10 a lot.

Posted 10 years ago

Thanks a lot Udo, this works.

That's easy, go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced click Open Option Inspector remember the existence of the references (which you on the other hand dislike) CodeAssistOptions find the CodeAssistOptions and give the FloatingElementDelay a ridiculous high value

FloatingElementDelay

Please, don't forget to push the Apply button afterwards.

Still, if you type in something which might evolve itself into the head of a built-in symbol, an educated guess appears, but the circled i has gone.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract