Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Cloud: Ctrl+\ for typing fractions, Ctrl+2 for roots, etc.

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

Does anybody know how to type fractions in Wolfram Cloud and Mathematica Online? How to make Ctrl+/, Ctrl+2, etc. work?

5 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

*I know this is Beta, but I'm still charged for it and it's a complete mess with no support/organization. One shouldn't have to pay for a Beta that's nowhere near as functional. Why don't they just make it part of the Mathematica subscription? Does anyone know who to contact for support? (Their branding/consistency/user experience is inconsistent and confusing.)

1) Yes, that works. 2) I notice you're in Programming Cloud, not Mathematica. Does that improve any of your abilities to do basic calculations? 3) I still have to type all of that which makes it completely worthless. Alpha does this already. The reason I purchased Mathematica is because I was able to more easily see what I input as I input it. This is more time consuming and less effective than doing hand calculations.

POSTED BY: Parker Adair

Maybe they will fix this later, but it formats it for you automatically, sin't it?

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Posted 9 years ago

Anybody? While the programs are beautiful, finding answers seem to be a complete mess.

I had hoped (and expected) that Mathematica Online would have the same basic keyboard inputs as its desktop counterpart. I have no idea what to do here. For the desktop, it took me hours to figure out how to make a fraction box and hours more on how to do an exponent. Now I have to go through it all over again?

Ugh. This really needs a lot of attention. My trip out of town next week will be a disaster if I'm unable to make this work.

(attached is what I can do in the desktop version vs what -I think- the comparable input for MO. This is a MAJOR problem, rendering Mathematica Online completely unusable to me)

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Parker Adair

Do you mean the desktop versions of Mathematica? I use control+/ myself in there, but I was asking about Mathematica Online, a web-based interface for Mathematica. http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/online/ I tried control+/ there and it didn't work for me.

Type: x control+/ y to get built up fraction x \over y

Couldn't reproduce in this reply but it works in M-9 and M-10.

POSTED BY: S M Blinder
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract