Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Wolfram Desktop (Programming Cloud Client) for OS X - Yosemite Support?

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Yosemite and Wolfram Desktop is no longer launching. I get a prompt where it says it's "Verifying 'Wolfram Desktop'" which takes a while and then seems to fail with a message that the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed (see attached screenshots).

I've downloaded fresh DMGs, ran a bunch of cleaning / maintenance w/ Onyx, no luck.

Anyone else having success with this setup?

Attachments:
POSTED BY: George Cooper
4 Replies

Okay, cool. I was worried there was a larger system problem that this was a symptom of. Thanks for the clarification! :)

My understanding is that apple changed something about Yosemite and how app code signatures work. So the singing requirements are different. The developers are aware of this and we hope to have it fixed soon so that other people don't experience the same issue. Sorry for the inconvienence.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Alright, that worked (though I had tried that previously and it just seemed to hang). But shouldn't the app code signature validate properly? It did before I upgraded to Yosemite.

Try control-clicking/right-clicking on the Wolfram Desktop. This will bring up a context menu. One of the options in the menu is "Open". Click that. OS X should then finally give you the choice of whether or not you want to open it.

Here's a short article on this with some pictures:

http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/

If you're still seeing any issues, contact wolfram technical support: http://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract