|
1 Reply
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

how can i communicate with a TCP/IP device

Posted 10 years ago

I have a DC power supply, I want to read data and control it in mathematica. i have already make the connection in labview see the follow picture.enter image description here and a few simple orders it can give a response. it's TCP/IP protocol. now how can i do it in mathematica? i know how to connect a RS232 device in mathematica 10, the DeviceOpen order is useful in RS232(COM). I see in other topics, they use JLink, i know nothing of it, it reports errors. see it below this is for another device, it works enter image description here but when i change it for my device, and give a simple order, same as the labview,"*IDN?\n", no response, it's running for ever. enter image description here

what's the problem? Is there any other way without JLink?

POSTED BY: Ge Yin
Posted 10 years ago

I've been trying to do this kind of thing, too. I haven't been able to make it work via JLink. I'm no expert with Java, though. I would've thought that this would be a common application of Mathematica. It would be nice if there were some built in commands for communicating with devices over HTTP over TCP/IP (even better would be using Websocket protocol on top of TCP). As far as I've been able to determine, some of the pieces of HTTP needed are not in Mathematica (or maybe not documented). I'm hoping someone else with more knowledge and experience will comment here.

See my original post. I got no interest/response at that time. It's surprising that no one seems interested because WRI does seem to be aware of the proliferation of internet connected devices.

POSTED BY: David G
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract