Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How can I get these Epilog-related Checkboxes to work?

Posted 10 years ago

I have been unable to get the Checkboxes in my Annuity App (attached) to work as they do in the Mathematica Hide and Show example (attached). The code surrounding the Epilog code in the Annuity app works as expected. The Column contains (1) the Plot, (2) the Table, and (3) some results of simple expressions.
Any suggestions on how to get the Epilog Checkboxes to work? Four days of reading documentation and trials has failed.

{EDIT - [M10/Yosemite]; It now appears like the Epilog is not required - only the PlotStyle and checkboxes}

Thank you..... Joe Gaithersburg, MD

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Joe Rimback
3 Replies

Ok. If you have continued issues, see if you can create a watered down example and I will take a look. One thing I often do in situations with complex code is to replace various functions that do things with dummy functions that do very little but which show the code architecture in a glance... you probably did that sort fo things to find the repetitions of your options...

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Perhaps you can create a simple example of your problem: the code you posted is a lot to go through to see where things go wrong--and in fact where the question arises since there are many pieces to it. Also take note of the error messages in your example: on executing it there are various shadowing messages. Distill the bug/question to a simple example where it is exposed.

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

David

Thank you. I realized that I had two PlotStyles and two ControlPlacements. I combined Opacity with the other Style opions. Also placement of the checkbox code after the slider code got me a reasonable display for now. Five out of the eight curves show as in the demo example ahd work well but the curve which uses NDSolve is still a problem. Still working on that and numerous appearance/presentation issues.

Joe

POSTED BY: Joe Rimback
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract