|
|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

How to startup Alpha Pro as opposed to Vanilla Alpha?

Posted 10 years ago

Is there a way to start Alpha Pro rather than starting Alpha, clicking pro button and logging in? Perhaps an alternate URL to use? Obviously, I'm new here.

POSTED BY: Richard Rankin
4 Replies

A request was submitted for the Alpha Pro banner to appear when you log in.

Thank you for pointing this out.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

I always get to Wolfram Alpha through the Safari extension, so by the time I get there, I've already entered a query.

Going directly to the web page, I see what you mean. I was already signed in -- via a cookie, no doubt -- but the website still said Wolfram|Alpha until I executed a query.

May be a bug. Probably not a 'feature'.

My account lists "Alpha Pro Yearly". There is no change in the banner until I run a query and then there is a Alpha Pro banner at the top of the result. If I return to the home page it returns to the standard alpha home. This is true with Safari, Explorer, Chrome, etc. This is not a big deal, I simply didn't notice the before/after difference.

POSTED BY: Richard Rankin

Wolfram Alpha Pro is a paid subscription service. Once you have subscribed, all you have to do is log in, and you will have the Pro functionality.

The banner will read Wolfram|Alpha Pro.

Depending on your browser settings (etc.) you may stay signed in indefinitely, or have to sign in again periodically.

Note that whether the site is Wolfram|Alpha or Wolfram|Alpha Pro depends on your Wolfram account settings. When you sign in, the page will check with your account to see if you have a subscription.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract