Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
10 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How do you use Mathematica in high school classes?

Posted 10 years ago

In my position, I talk with a lot of groups that are using Mathematica and the Wolfram Language in new and interesting ways.

However, high school teachers that use Mathematica seem to be disconnected from each other. And I'd like to fix that!

If you are a high school teacher using Mathematica, post how you're using M- in your classroom. You'll be able to connect with each other and be an inspiration for other teachers getting started with the Wolfram Language.

POSTED BY: Adriana O'Brien
4 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
POSTED BY: Luca M

We are in the testing phase for CDF Player right now, and are happy to expand our list of beta testers. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please contact support@wolfram.com, thanks!

POSTED BY: Andre Kuzniarek
Posted 10 years ago

Thanks Andre

It's a great news to hear that Wolfram is actually releasing an updated version of CDF Player. I'd be glad to contribute as a beta tester and I've sent my submission to support@wolfram.com

POSTED BY: Luca M

I am a heavy user of MMA, I teach high school chemistry, computational biology, medicinal chemistry, research, and other computationally-based courses. I converted to MMA a number of years ago, and students do a significant part of their work using MMA as the "home" tool for submitting homework, labs, and other documents.

I'm currently writing a textbook in medicinal chemistry for high school students using MMA so I can leverage tools like ChemicalData in the text.

I'd be MORE than happy to talk with ANY high school teacher who is using MMA, wants to use MMA, or otherwise wants to learn a little more.

gotwals@ncssm.edu

POSTED BY: Bob Gotwals
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract