|
|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica 10 and SuperAntiSpyware

I installed Mathematica 10 recently. A new scan of my Windows 8.1 system with the program SuperAntiSpyware has tagged the files C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\10.0\SystemFiles\Components\SemanticImport\Binaries\Windows\server.exe and C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\10.0\SystemFiles\Components\SemanticImport\Binaries\Windows-X86-64\server.exe as Trojan/EzServer threats.

Is this a false positive or a real threat?

POSTED BY: John G. Cramer
4 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Same here.
There were 2 detections with Avira after installation and Panda Cloud Antivirus already treated the setup.exe as infected. This time it is MathKernel.exe and WolframKernel.exe which is detected as an TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2 with Avira.
I used Avira with Cloud Protection and medium level Heuristics. I would be thankful if you could check this.
Best regards Paul

POSTED BY: Paul Sobota
Posted 9 years ago

Thanks, Bruce! That's good news.

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin

The recent virus/malware reports about Mathematica and CDF Player have not been reproducible on machines here with the same virus checkers and the same Mathematica /CDF Player versions.

This is an intermittent issue that goes back a long time. From a historical perspective, these have always turned out to be over-eager virus checkers.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 9 years ago

A user to whom I send CDF documents told me that Avira flagged the latest version of the CDF Player (10.1) as having a trojan threat. Is this a real issue or just some interaction with the CDF Player installer/application and Avira?

There's been no response from Wolfram for 5 months now from the original question above and without a solid response for me to give to my user, CDF documents will start to be real hard to distribute.

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract