|
8 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

S L O O O O W tonight

Posted 9 years ago

Tick . . . . . tock . . . tick . . . tock I must be traveling at near light speed tonight!

POSTED BY: David Keith
8 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

I love how your guys speak in scientific language.

POSTED BY: Thai Kee Gan
Posted 9 years ago

This site almost never feels normal to me. But that's just frame of reference, I guess. ;-)

POSTED BY: Caitlin Ramsey
Posted 9 years ago

Hi Caitlin -- I like your web site -- I also love data.

As to normal, that was coming from a guy who considered the bar scene from Star Wars "normal."

Thanks for reporting. Do you still experience any slowdowns? Site feels normal to us currently.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 9 years ago

Yep -- normal to me, too.

Posted 9 years ago

Last night this web site quit moving through time. ;-)

Check A Slower Speed of Light out. Not only the net can reach ultra-classical limit case. Light can do that too, see experiments of Vestergaard Hau.

Special theory of relativity says that everything moves with light speed in Minkowski space - that's no news. You do too, of course. You do it always, sitting in your chair doing nothing except ignoring the motion of earth, sun, milky way and so on you move with light speed in time direction.

The question is just what part of velocity is not in time direction - this is Newtonian velocity. This one we have in mind, even now, 110 years later.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause

Yes, you can think of the electrostatic force on a charged particle as resulting from the particle moving through time, just as the magnetic force is the result of the particle moving through space.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract