Message Boards Message Boards

CDF version of Psychometric Chart for HVAC designers / practicioners

Hello Wolfram Community,

I am auditing a senior level HVAC Mechanical engineering course where the Psychometric Chart is heavily relied on to relate / calculate / approximate (in English units) Enthalpy in Btu per pound dry air, Dry Bulb Temperature, Wet Bulb Temperature, Relative Humidity, Humidity Ratio (pounds moisture per pound dry air), saturation temperature, cubic ft. of volume per pound of dry air.

If we can create a CDF to give calculate the same information and/or if Wolfram System Modeler can already perform this function, it will be well received in the HVAC world. And SI units will also be useful. Mathematica and System Modeler seems to me the ideal set of tools. See attached Psychometric chart jpeg. (Thank you in advance to the Wolfram Community where I can ask such questions).

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Michael Lyda
4 Replies

Thank you kindly (Vielen Dank). I won't try to reinvent the wheel.

Those were my thoughts after posting this. Will get the equations; the learning process continues.

Probably the starting point would be to find the equations that made the chart, rather than try reproducing equations from the chart.

In general, if you are trying to learn something it is worthwhile to implement this yourself, not to implement every low level detail, but use the best tools available.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract