|
2 Replies
|
12 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica Summer Camp 2015

Posted 9 years ago

If you know any bright 16 - 17 year old students who are eager to learn and are not afraid of a challenge, I have just the thing for you!

Who: For advanced students ages 16 or 17

Dates: July 6th-July 17th 2015

Price: $2070 includes housing, meals, tuition, and field trips

Last summer, I had the amazing opportunity to teach at the Mathematica Summer Camp, where a small group of bright and kind students gathered to learn about the Wolfram Language and have their projects published. The daily schedule was a heavy dose of the Wolfram Language, mathematics and computer science but what made the opportunity special for me was watching the students share and interact with one another. Conversations would change from discussing proper ways to use pure functions, to the World Cup, to orientability of Mobius strips, back to their individual projects. Once, a group of students staged an impromptu orchestral performance right before lights-out, and this was after a full day of classes, projects, activities and homework!

The Mathematica Summer Camp is a truly amazing opportunity for intelligent students who wish to meet equally smart peers with whom they can learn, interact and form lasting connections-- I see many of my students still interacting via social media. Getting to publish their own projects is just the cherry on the pie.

To find more details and apply, check out our site: http://www.mathematica-camp.org/. Please share this page with any student or instructor who might be interested and do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have! If you want to check out projects from the past, go to our demonstrations site and search for "Mathematica Summer Camp".

Mathematica Summer Camp 2014!

POSTED BY: Stephanie Oh
2 Replies

Just want everyone to know the new website is up for the summer institute.

There are four programs that roughly speaking are the four combinations of camp (under 18) versus research school (all ages) and math/science versus technology innovation. The two technology programs are new the Wolfram Innovation Summer School and the Wolfram Tech Innovation Summer Camp and are based on our previous success with the other two programs. The Wolfram Science Summer School and the Mathematica Summer Camp

I will post separately about the technology programs, but if you have any questions feel free to start a new thread.

There might be a mixup in my browser, but you should be able to see the application questions to the summer camp on the application page. At least I can see the questions on the Tech Innovation Camp page These questions might be fun even for people not applying.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland

This summer camp is special, not only because of the student projects using Wolfram Language.

Stephanie, I know you are going to have a great time again.

For those looking for a summer camp, check it out because it really is a unique opportunity.

One thing that interests me is how students will respond to the application questions, which are fun to think about.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract