|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Could not process your request

Posted 9 years ago

Could someone please be so kind as to suggest a solution when Evaluate Cell always returns "The server is experiencing unexpected issues and could not process your request. Please try again in a few minutes." on this (where the Import function is repeated about a thousand times):

e=Classify[{Import["url here"]->1,Import["url here"]->2}]

Thanks!

POSTED BY: ai dev
2 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the suggestions, Marco. I'm using a paid account on Programming Cloud. The URLs are for tiny JPGs on a single website. I'm able to download them all without any timeouts. I tried simplifying to

e = {Import["url here"] -> 1, Import["url here"] -> 2}

(repeated a thousand times) and continue to get "The server is experiencing unexpected issues and could not process your request. Please try again in a few minutes". So it seems to be the Import that's timing out before getting to Classify. Is there anyway to increase the default timeout? I tried adding "TimeConstraint ->3600" but got the same "The server is experiencing unexpected issues..." I tried adding "SynchronousUpdating->False" and that stopped the error message but then I got no response to Evaluate.

POSTED BY: ai dev

Hi there,

It does not seem to be a problem wit the specific code.

e = Classify[{Import["http://www.bbc.co.uk"] -> 1, Import["http://abdn.ac.uk"] -> 2}]

runs without any problems on my machine. Are you using Mathematica Online/Programming Cloud or are you on a Laptop/Desktop? (To figure out whether it might be the connection to the cloud that's causing problems.) Can you open the websites in a bowser or do they time out there, too?

If the import function is repeated a lot, it could be that some pages time out. I programmed random walks on websites and that happened quite e bit. Another thing is that if Classify waits for the websites to download and they take too long, Classify itself times out.

In summary, I guess that we'd need to know more about the problem to be able to help.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract