Message Boards Message Boards

Plot command help

Posted 9 years ago

Hej,

I am stuck here for a while.. I am wondering how to use plot command for the values generated from a table.

I will explain the table command to understand what i did. I numerically solved dNpdt and then used it to generate values for Cp..

Now i need to make a plot for Cp in Y axis and Delta in X axis..but the command i used below doesnt work really well

Table[ solNp2 = NSolve[(dNpdt /. sol) == 0, Np][1]; Plot[Cp[[Delta]] /. sol /. solNp2, {[Delta], 0, 1}]]

I get an error : Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients. The \ answer was obtained by solving a corresponding exact system and \ numericizing the result. >>enter image description here

POSTED BY: ash ash
4 Replies

I suggest you break you code up into pieces and check each piece separately, rather than trying to debug the whole thing at once.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Posted 9 years ago

No, I don't think I am doing it right, I am not getting any plots for it. I dont know how to explain my porblem. may be this is not the right way , but I have attached an example file of what i am doing but a smaller version of it. please ignore the parameters and equations.

It is in the Table section is where i want help, I need to plot Cp against delta against and for different Np conditions such as Np = 1,2,3 ,4,5.

what i am doing now is really taking all my time. i am manually entering these values in excel and plotiing them. it really really takes a lot of time..

So any help will be a big favor!

thanks in advance

The message you got from NSolve is really more of a warning than an error. The results should be good.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Posted 9 years ago

No, I don't think I am doing it right, I am not getting any plots for it. I dont know how to explain my porblem. may be this is not the right way , but I have attached an example file of what i am doing but a smaller version of it. please ignore the parameters and equations.

It is in the Table section is where i want help, I need to plot Cp against delta against and for different Np conditions such as Np = 1,2,3 ,4,5.

what i am doing now is really taking all my time. i am manually entering these values in excel and plotiing them. it really really takes a lot of time..

So any help will be a big favor!

thanks in advance

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract