|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Private Permissions to Cloud Applications

Posted 9 years ago

I want to deploy an application to the Wolfram Programming Cloud set up with private permissions. I have been testing this functionality and getting behaviors I can't explain or overcome.

The model I'm using is from the help "Wolfram Language How To" -- "How to Set Cloud Object Permissions" - CloudDeploy[APIFunction[{"x" -> "Integer"}, #x^#x &], Permissions -> {{"user@email.com"} -> "Execute"}]

For my testing purposes, I have simplified the example while maintaining the same syntax -- CloudDeploy["Hello", Permissions -> {{“gmailuser@gmail.com"} -> "Execute"}]

For this purpose, I set up a free Cloud account using gmailuser@gmail.com for that purpose. (NB: I am not showing the actual email. "gmailuser@gmail.com" is a dummy for the purposes of this post.

I'm running this in a notebook using Mathematica 10.0.2.0 on Yosemite. I am logged into my Cloud account using my primary Wolfram user ID.

In testing this functionality I always begin by quitting the kernel. The first time I run the Deploy function I get this error -- "StringJoin::string: String expected at position 2 in user-<>None. >>" and I also get a CloudObject[URL] as output.

Interestingly, if I quit the kernel and run CloudDeploy[APIFunction[{"x" -> "Integer"}, #x^#x &], Permissions -> {{"user@email.com"} -> "Execute"}], in the "How To" notebook I get the same "StringJoin" error along with a URL.

The second time the Deploy function runs, there is no "StringJoin" error.

With regard to the URLs that are returned:

I paste them into a "new Private Window". As expected, a sign in box is returned requesting Wolfram ID and Password.

However, after entering The Wolfram ID and password (I am using as ID the email above -- "gmailuser@gmail.com").

The following message is always returned: “Something Went Wrong” “Oops. An error occurred. Please try again.” "If you continue to experience problems, please contact us."

I know the password is correct because if I enter the incorrect password, I am told that the account is not recognized.

This is a threshold issue I would like to get past before investing a lot of development time.

I would appreciate any thoughts? Thanks.

POSTED BY: Robert Fine
2 Replies

Are you still seeing this problem today? I think that there were some recent issues with the cloud servers. I tried the following, and it worked just fine with my accounts (note that I deleted the apifunction, so it's url won't work):

In[1]:= CloudConnect["chadk@wolfram.com", "xxx"]
Out[1]= "chadk@wolfram.com"

In[2]:= co = 
 CloudDeploy[APIFunction["x" -> "Number", #x + 1 &], 
  Permissions -> {"user@gmail.com" -> "x"}]
Out[2]= CloudObject["https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/287f4f2e-\
90c3-402d-a732-2f5e9e54f4af"]

In[3]:= URLExecute[co, {"x" -> 3}]
Out[3]= 4

In[4]:= CloudConnect["user@gmail.com", "xxx"]
Out[4]= "user@gmail.com"

In[5]:= URLExecute[co, {"x" -> 3}]
Out[5]= 4
POSTED BY: Chad Knutson
Posted 9 years ago
POSTED BY: Robert Fine
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract