New Features in Mathematica 10.1

Posted 9 years ago

Has anyone else noticed this?

http://reference.wolfram.com/language/guide/SummaryOfNewFeaturesIn101.html

any word on the release date of 10.1?

POSTED BY: Miguel Olivo-V
15 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

The list of new features in 10.1 lists features included in 10.0.1 and 10.0.2. Unfortunately the upgrade to 10.1 is not free for Home Use license holders. I would like to know what features were added in 10.1 that were not in 10.0.2 to decide whether it makes sense to pay for an upgrade. Does anyone know the answer?

POSTED BY: Mike Luntz

Dear Mike,

See the attachment: it contains a list of all functions give by Names["*"]. Using a complement you can check the 'new' ones.

Regards,

Sander

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 9 years ago

Thank you Sander. That was a great help.

Mike

POSTED BY: Mike Luntz

Note that this is only new functions (symbols to be more precise), some functions might be enhanced, sped up, and can do more methods et cetera... Not to mention the improvement of interface, bugfixes, import/export support !!

One of the new function I will use a lot is Subdivide, MinMax, CirclePoints, $FontFamilies, RepeatedTiming and the possibility to read in raw camera files. See all the new stuff here.

I guess that the new functions Subdivide, MinMax, CirclePoints etc. cannot yet be used in cdf documents, right?

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 9 years ago

It is available to those with current version of Mathematica 10. I downloaded it last night and am using it now.

http://www.wolfram.com/support/?source=nav

POSTED BY: Maureen Baehr

Well, yes and no. The release seems to be staggered. I am site administrator and we do not have access to 10.1 yet; but then every time our place seems to be rather late in getting access to it. On individual licenses I also do not have access yet. What does work in those cases is the trial version. You can download that one. The normal license keys should then work on the trial version to get full access.

Cheers,

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

but then every time our place seems to be rather late in getting access to it.

Your place is situated in Scotland and the Corporate Headquarters are in England (Oxfordshire) :-)

On the user portal it worked as Maureen said.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause

Still nothing here!

M.

Just FYI: nothing on the site license yet...

Posted 9 years ago

I'm in Canada, got the email notifying me of the updated site licence a few hours ago. However we got 10.0.2 about 6 or 7 days later, I had to download a trial to satiate my curiosity!

POSTED BY: Miguel Olivo-V
Posted 9 years ago

On the Mathematica Quick Revision History Mathematica 10.1 is announced, but not available, as far as one understands available as having access to a download.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause

Hi Miguel!

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like there are some very handy features to be added in 10.1. Let's keep fingers crossed that it will be released soon.

Cheers and thanks,

M.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract