7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Cannot download Mathematica 10.1.0 Trial from China

Hi everyone,

I'm a current user of Mathematica 10.0.2 Home Edition, and I love it very much. When I noticed the announcement of 10.1, I immediately went to the official site and applied a trial. Everything was fine until I tried to download the installation file from the User Portal:

download popup window

No matter how many times I tried, the browser Always return an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET!

Now as I'm in China, I suspect the download link was interrupted "officially" by "something", so I tried to login from a VPN connection outside China, and voila, the download started normally. BUT, there are still two tiny problems:

1. The VPN is expensive and with a very unstable bandwidth (oscillate from 0KB/s to 50KB/s);

2. The VPN connection itself is not very stable, disconnection happens occasionally. So there seems be no way I can download a 1.98GB file through the VPN...

So here are my questions:

1. Is there any official downloading server inside China?

2. If the answer of Q1 is "No", then is there any way I can download the installation file in a resume-from-break-point fashion?

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Silvia Hao
7 Replies

Is this still an issue ?

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Thanks for asking. I have downloaded the installation file from Xiang Li's URL.

Posted 9 years ago

You are welcome! My friend.

POSTED BY: Xiang Li
Posted 9 years ago

I was experiencing the same thing when I am in Mainland China, but I am outside the GFW most of my time. So if there is any mma installer you want, i.e. the mac or linux version of mma 10.1 or some future release, just PM me in zhihu, I would help if I can.

PS: I think a paid VPN is stable enough to download the installer, last time when 10.0.2 was released, I downloaded the installer via VPN.

POSTED BY: AAA AAA
Posted 9 years ago

Thanks, Xiang Li !

POSTED BY: sejabs Song
Posted 9 years ago

Hi, Please contact the sales to get download link from Beidu in China.

POSTED BY: Xiang Li

Thanks Li! But it only solves THIS problem... Will there be any permanent solution?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract