4 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Using .NET with MONO under OSX 10.10

Posted 9 years ago

Hello,

I'm quite new using Mathematica 10.0.0.2 Home Edition and .NET on my Mac Book running OSX10.10. In order to use .NET I installed the latest MONO version "MonoFramework-MDK-3.12.1-macosx10.xamarin.x86.pkg". MONO install path is "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/3.12.1/lib/libmonoboehm-2.0.1.dylib"

But when I try to establish a .NET communication e.g. with Needs["NETLink`"] InstallNET[]; the only message is : Cannot set current directory to \ /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/Contents/Frameworks/mathlink.\ framework/. >>

The path is wrong as the Mathematica installation path is : /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/SystemFiles/Links/NETLink So the path "../contents/contents/.." seems to be the issue.

Anybody out there to provide some advice ? Thank a lot in advance.

Christian

POSTED BY: Christian Boge
4 Replies

FYI, newer versions of Mono no longer install to "/usr/bin" so the default option value of InstallNET,

OptionValue[InstallNET, "MonoPath"]  (* returns "mono" *)

may no longer be found. Instead, set this path yourself when using InstallNET:

InstallNET["MonoPath" -> "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"]
POSTED BY: Kevin Daily

You're welcome, glad to hear it! :)

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Stefan,

your exceptional fast answer "saved my day" ! It works perfect, thank a lot.

Christian

POSTED BY: Christian Boge

This is an issue in Mathematica 10.0.2. It is fixed in Mathematica 10.1.0, but if you don't have access to that version, here's a workaround:

Locate this file:

FileNameJoin[{$InstallationDirectory, "SystemFiles", "Links", "NETLink", "Kernel", "InstallNET.m"}]

and then replace it with the file attached.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract