|
9 Replies
|
8 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Issue with PlanetaryMoonData

Dear All,

I want to know the distance of the moon from earth for some particular date. I found the following in the help: enter image description here

But if I evaluate it I get:

enter image description here

Did the syntax change? Or should I use another function?

On a side note: Is this the center-to-center distance or minimal surface to surface distance?

P.S.: This example was found in the PlanetaryMoonData at the end of the 'Scope' section.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
9 Replies

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our teams are aware and working on this.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Thanks! Could you confirm if it is a client-side or server-side issue? i.e. do I have to wait for the next Mathematica release?

We see it as a potentially much earlier implementation the the next Wolfram Language release.

Can one upgrade the 'Language' and 'Mathematica' separately? or do I misunderstand?

By the Wolfram Language updates we mean build in functions which live in the kernel, - locally in a desktop Mathematica or remotely in Wolfram Cloud. Built-in data live on Wolfram servers and are updated more frequently. Does this make sense?

Thanks! Can't wait ;-) Is there a bug tracker, or only internally? Thanks you for your swift replies.

All development administration is internal. Reported here issue is on track, but generally the quickest way to make us aware is by giving feedback to Wolfram Support via online form. You can also chat or call.

Confirmed on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and MMA 10.1.

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Thanks Marco, I have exactly the same version for the OS and for Mathematica.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract