Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
10 Replies
|
13 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Change in version 10.1 Manipulate when opening Slider controls.

Posted 9 years ago
POSTED BY: Erik Mahieu
10 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Solved for me with the new version10.2 in OS X. Thanks, this was very annoying... A pity one needs to pay the upgrade to get a bug like this one solved!

Posted 9 years ago

Indeed, this must be the bug: (I was unaware of this) tagged bug report on Stack Exchange

Why is it incorrect to call them "asymptotes"?

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 9 years ago
POSTED BY: David Keith

Rolf Mertig,

I'm not sure if this is a matter of more beta testing, or of keeping a lower amount of bugs alive. There are too many reports, acknowledge as bugs, that are live for several releases now, and that are not related to some hard or still not known to humankind algorithmic capacity.

Some of the "Mathematica gets this Integration wrong" kind of bugs, for obvious reasons, can last for a long time (I said some...); but bugs related to such a fundamental data layout function, like Grid (you know that this weekend I was fixated with Grid...), that last for several releases, are, in my opinion, hard to accept.

Since we don't have an open bug list (which I can perfectly understand, or at least, a fully opened one), its difficult to say if these bugs were known prior to their first release. But even if not, we know that they were known prior to their second, third and fourth release, which makes me think that even if the Manipuate bug of the OP was known, it seems that it could perfectly have been approved for release (I know that it's a harsh thinking, and an unpleasant saying, but it's solely based on shown behaviour).

I really hope that this situation gets improved, or I will start attending the conferences with a T-shirt saying, "please get [put some functionality name here] fixed" (if WR would let me in with it :-)

POSTED BY: Pedro Fonseca

We don't have an open bug list, but we have this: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/bugs

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino

Manipulator[.2] also already shows this bug in V10.1. It looks like it is fixed in the development version already. At least this is what I think is mentioned here

I think this bug is a perfect argument that WRI should do more and better beta-testing also with external users before releasing any new version, also so-called minor releases.

POSTED BY: Rolf Mertig
Posted 9 years ago

I have noticed the same under both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Yes, its annoying. And certainly it can not be considered as an improvement.

POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract