|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Import search results

Posted 9 years ago

I am willing to do some analysis on the price dynamics for the trans-atlantic flights.

For this purpose I would like to access data from sites such like the one here.

So far, I have tried different methods ot get the data, but I didn't manage to import anything useful. Is it possible somhow to get the company names and corresponding fare prices?

Best regards,

Sandu

POSTED BY: Sandu Ursu
2 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Thank you, Sean for drawing my attention to that.

My intention is to use the data only in personal interest, to satisfy my curiosisty so to say, and not for any commercial purposses.

The site does not seem to prohibit the use of data in this scope.

Except as otherwise noted in the Web site, you are hereby authorized to view, download, cache, copy, and print the Materials, subject to the following conditions: (1) Any copy of the Materials or portion thereof must include the momondo copyright notice. (2) momondo reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use by you shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from momondo.

I can snapshot the page and RecognizeText[] to get the data.. but I was wandering if there is a more elegant and efficient way.

POSTED BY: Sandu Ursu

The prices appear to be enclosed in

"<span class="price">" 

and

"<span class="value">" 

under

"<div class="ticketinfo">" 

Are you seeing this on the webpage? I haven't read the terms of agreement for using the page so I don't know whether scraping data from it falls into acceptable use.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract