|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Imageidentify on Rapsberry PI

Posted 9 years ago

Hello everybody, I'm new to this topic, although i've used the Wolfram alpha webpage on various occasions. I saw an article on Gizmodo about Image identification using the wolfram engine (the webpage) and I thought I will use it for a school project. What I am trying to achieve is to use a rapsberry pi (mounted on an Rc car) to identify the world and map it (it also has a gps). I've installed the wolfram engine and tried to identify the objects taken with the camera. I've used the documentation here: https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ImageIdentify.html As I have only the CLI interface, I cannot see the outputs and inputs graphically. (Being a project that has to be mobile, I don't want to be running a gui.) This is what I've tried:

In[3]:= camImage=Import[ "!raspistill -ss 1000 -t 10 -w 1024 -h 1024 -o -", "JPG"]

Out[3]= -Image-

In[4]:= ImageIdentify[camImage]

Out[4]= ImageIdentify[-Image-]

I've expected that on the output, I receive the textual description of the object, instead I am only getting the string above (Out[4]). I've also tried using a jpg stored locally, but with the same results. Note:! As this is run in a command line interface, there is no way to see any graphical image...

Am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks in advance!

POSTED BY: Barna Peto
3 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

So in the end I've managed to implement the project by using a linux machine that had version 10.1 . The raspberry connects wia ssh and executes a wolfram script and returns the result to the host machine.

Posted 9 years ago

Oh.. I see. Thanks for the answer. I didn't thought about that. I know this is a standard question, but is there an estimation when will the new release available on the Raspberry platform ? I'm asking this, as there is a deadline when I have to finish the project.

Another thought: I could use curl and some other script combinations to upload an image to the www.imageidentify.com website, and parse the result. I saw however that there is a javascript doing the upload job. I'm only familiar with POST-ing the jpg file... I will have to research a bit, but if anybody here has knowledge in how to do it, then any help is greatly appreciated!!

ImageIdentify is new in version 10.1, while the latest available Raspberry Pi pilot release build is 10.0.2.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract