Message Boards Message Boards

VO MathML output not completely compatible with Mathematica - fix known?

Posted 9 years ago

I'm trying to feed MathML output from a handwriting recognition program into Mathematica, but the MathMLs are not completely consistent. In particular, the MathML output uses <fence> in a way that works for rendering, but doesn't have enough semantic information for Mathematica. So if you write "a (3+b)" you get the MathML <math><mi>a</mi><mfenced><mrow><mn>3</mn><mo>+</mo><mi>b</mi></mrow></mfenced><math>" but Mathematica interprets that as a[3 + b]. Anyone know any way to make this work? You can't just replace mfenced in all circumstances without looking at the context or other uses of it in the default parenthesis meaning can get clobbered.

POSTED BY: Elaine Kant

Sigh. The posting programming "translated" all my MathML examples into Mathematica even though I put them in quotes and the preview showed them correctly. The issue is with "fences" and Mathematica interpreting them as square brackets after letters (because it thinks it is seeing a function call I assume) instead of multiplication. If anything knows anything about this please respond and I can email the example since I can't see to get it though this interface.

POSTED BY: Elaine Kant
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract