3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Mathematica gives absolutely no output

Posted 9 years ago

I'm starting to think I wasted money on a product that doesn't work... I have the following code:

(* Take inputs for ECEF *)
x = Input["What is the x coordinate?"];
y = Input["What is the y coordinate?"];
z = Input["What is the z coordinate?"];

(* Put in Coordinate Form *)
GeoPositionXYZ[{x, y, z}, "ITRF00"];

(* Convert to LLA *)
GeoPosition[%];

(* Display Map *)
GeoGraphics[GeoRange -> "World", GeoProjection -> "Robinson"];

It converts the given coords in ECEF to Latitude, Longitude, Height... then it's supposed to plot latitude and longitude on a map. 1) It won't display any output at all because Mathematica is garbage. How do I make the software I paid six months of grocery budget for and am now eating ramen noodles and unable to pay my bills do what it's supposed to do and give some damned output? 2) Once it's giving output, how do I plot the latitude and longitude on the map?

POSTED BY: Nathan Lundholm
3 Replies

I can assure you that Mathematica is not garbage.

Unless you already program, it is probably the most complex program you might ever use. (If you do program, I am sure that you realize that each language has its own syntax, and you can't assume that syntax that work, say in c, (ending lines with semicolon, for example) would work in Wolfram Language.)

There are tutorials in the documentation for the program, which I suggest that you go through. There are videos on the Wolfram website that cover the basics, and one of them is two minutes long. This one in particular covers the use of the semicolon, and a lot of other things you need to know.

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you will be rewarded with a powerful and exquisite tool. There are people in this community eager to help.

Maybe start by reading a tutorial and discovering what ; actually does?

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

Take out the semicolon after the GeoGraphics command. Semicolons suppress output.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract