Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
10 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How do I develop a software similar to DocuSign?

Posted 9 years ago
POSTED BY: Aaron Rodrigo
10 Replies

Sean already gave you some ideas for smaller parts of the project, why don't you pick up one of those?

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
Posted 9 years ago

So where should I start then? :)

Well, since you're studying IT, I assume that you know quite a bit about different types of programming languages and paradigms. To compare two specific languages, have you tried looking at their wikipedia articles? They tend to be very detailled.

I didn't mean to imply that Mathematica would be unsuited for a commercial application - there are plenty of companies using Mathematica for all sorts of things. It's just that your initial post sounded a bit as though there's a client or boss in the picture and you're making decisions that are above your paygrade.

Now that you've clarified the academic nature of the project, I see no problem with Mathematica. If you're free to choose any language for this project, and development time is a factor, Mathematica is certainly a good bet, and you'll get to know a beautiful language.

Posted 9 years ago

I am a student and this is for a project. I have till November to complete this. I've already started working on the design of the UI. Can you please explain to me what Mathematica is and how it differs from a standard programming language like Java? Thanks a lot for all the replies btw.

You might consider starting by looking how to use PDFs with Mathematica. Mathematica allows you to Import and Export PDFs programmatically. That sounds like a feasible way to start learning about the tools you will need to create a project like this.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 9 years ago

Okay then. Which language should I use? Which software should I use for the development? I started out with the UI design, is this wise? If not where should I start? Please help me with the work breakdown structure and which part I should isolate and work on. I can create the database but cannot add information as they company for which I am making the software will provide their employee details for entry into the system only once they've accepted the system. Thanks so much for replying. It's really helpful. Also I told them that I cannot base it through email connectivity, and simplified the system further. The functionalities I proposed have been attached below and broken into components. Please go through that and get back to me. Your help is extremely appreciated.

Attachments:

Again, an application this big with this many features is too big to address on a forum.

I would recommend looking at some of the simpler parts of this and trying to implement them. If you have a question, then I would ask the forum about that part.

Posted 9 years ago

Thanks so much for replying! The requirement specification has been attached for you to take a further look at.

Attachments:

This is a very large project. It's too large to even begin talking about on a forum. I would suggest breaking it apart into pieces and work on a simpler piece of it. Maybe you can focus on the database for starters? Or maybe start with how to import and edit a PDF in Mathematica?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract