8 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Mathematica 10 licensing & bug-fixes

Posted 9 years ago

Note to all Mathematica 10 users: bug-fixes will not be available to anyone unless you:

a) have a Premium license

b) have Annual Home Edition, currently 150 dollars per year

c) pay 95 dollar upgrade fee for every dot-release

Version 10 has already had 2 dot-releases)

It is unclear whether you have to buy every dot-release (who knows how many there will be per year???).

Logically, it is to be expected that every dot-release has to be bought otherwise people would just buy every second or third dot-release and get the benefits of all prior dot-releases at a discount.

If only Wolfram had made this clear up front - I would have bought the annual subscription. Massive disappointment.

Caveat emptor!!! or, "Home Edition users beware!"

POSTED BY: Paul Anderson
8 Replies
POSTED BY: Michael Steffen
Posted 9 years ago

Sorry, my post was a reply to Paul Anderson.

POSTED BY: E Martin
Posted 9 years ago
POSTED BY: E Martin
Posted 9 years ago
Attachments:
POSTED BY: Glen Deering

Paul - just regarding your comment on skipping dot releases: I believe that makes the next upgrade more expensive. Upgrade prices for Mathematica have always depended on your current version if I remember correctly. So you can buy a perpetual license and then ignore the updates until one arrives that you really, really want. I understand your frustration though. I currently have a license through my university, but that's going to change soon and I haven't decided for a flavour of the home edition yet. (Hint to Wolfram: I'd pay good money for a lifetime, all updates included license.)

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
POSTED BY: l van Veen

Oh, don't worry, I'm already addicted! I'll definitely get a Home license, I just haven't decided for the annual vs perpetual model yet. Maybe I'll just see what's on holiday sale in Decemeber.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract