2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica PDF bug

Posted 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if there is already some fix to the bug, that was reported some months ago for the mathematica version 10.0.2, which doesn't let one save graphics/plots as pdfs like they should?

Hope anyone can help! Anna

2 Replies

hi OL,

yeah, I've tried doesn't work. Fortunatly, it works for most graphs to use "Export" and then just create in this way the pdf. But honestly, I think they should find a way to fix that bug, because all this different "solutions" are just temporary and don't work for every file/plot. But, thanks again for the help! It's good to know that there is no other way, then just to somehow try one of this possibilities and see in each situation which one works. ;)

Greetings and thanks again!

AU

Hello Anna,

I do not have detailed information on the bug, but have you tried selecting the output cell where you have the plot and then going to File > Print Selection? In my system, the default is to print to file 'print.pdf' in my home directory. There are options in the dialog box. Additionally, the options under the menu: File > Printing Settings can be used to fine-tune your PDF (orientation, margins, etc.).

I use this to prepare presentations of my results and I find it acceptable. I have tried Exporting to PDF but I don't always get good results (especially if the output is large). Using Print Selection I have been able to print large outputs (entire lists of graphs that I produce in one cell). With minimal adjustments of the ImageSize for the plots, I can even get multiple-page PDFs with reasonable page breaks.

Hope it helps,

OL.

POSTED BY: Otto Linsuain
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract