|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR: MLParseStream|c|102 / 296

Posted 9 years ago

Hi,

I upgraded to V10.2 just to avoid some V10.0.1 frontend nightmare but went from bad to worse.

For no apparent reason, even for just sliding the mouse pointer over the screen without any other action like clicking, Mathematica gets hanged and seems to start recovering from something time and again, and, I insist, for no apparent reason except, for example, moving around the mouse pointer over the screen. It is true that V10.2 does not crash the system as V10.0.1 did but it now makes impossible to work.

When this happens the frontend sends the following error messages

"The string '\:f3b5}]' cannot be displayed with ShowStringCharacters->False due to an error in the string".

"The string '")' cannot be displayed with ShowStringCharacters->False due to an error in the string".

"The string '\:f3b5}]' cannot be displayed with ShowStringCharacters->False due to an error in the string."

INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR: MLParseStream|c|102

INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR: MLParseStream|c|296

None of the strings mentioned in the error messages are visible in the frontend, rather, the "MLParseStream" mention suggests that the problem occurs when parsing some non visible (internal) frontend code.

I have reported the issues many times to Technical Support and got no answer at all yet.

One of the things that can be noticed when editing, and mainly when making global substitutions, is the appearance of some rubbish as that illustrated in the attached notebook that I also sent to the technical support; this "elliptic" rubbish used to show up persistently in v10.0.1 too and caused the system crashes.

While waiting for a V10.2.x.x solving the issue, I wonder whether there is a way to circumvent the problem apart from going back to the previous version.

Any clue will be welcome.

Martin.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: E Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract