7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Full-body car model

Posted 9 years ago

Good Day

I would like to know if anyone knows how to model a full-body model of a car suspension in mathematica.

POSTED BY: Amy Davis
7 Replies

Have you downloaded a trial version of System Modeler?

https://www.wolfram.com/system-modeler/trial/

If you have a concrete question about system modeler while trying to use it, contact them or the sales department and they'll be happy to answer your question. They usually can't answer open ended questions or requests for programming help, but if you have specific questions, they are usually able to help people using the trial version.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 9 years ago

Just an update: support@wolfram.com said they could not help if I'm not a Premier Service subscriber.

Posted 9 years ago

Thank you very much for your help. It is much appreciated.

I'm afraid these are very industry specific terms ("Quarter Model", "Full Model") that I don't have experience with.

Please check out the automotive example page. It has a fair number of examples of models of different car systems. SystemModeler uses the Modelica language, which is widely used in industry. If you search online for "Modelica Full Car Model", you will find many resources. I am afraid I'm not familiar enough with this subject to help you search through them. I would recommend contacting Wolfram Technical Support by email (support@wolfram.com). Let them know you are interested in Wolfram SystemModeler for this kind of model. They will be able to find someone more familiar with this subject who will be better able to answer your questions.

Here is a video about how Wolfram SystemModeler and Mathematica are integrated:

http://www.wolfram.com/broadcast/video.php?c=246&v=1155

There is additional information available as documentation.

What is a full body car model? Is that a technical term or are you just looking for a very complete mathematical model of a car?

What kind of Mathematical model?

SystemModeler is more often used by the industry for modeling automotive parts: http://www.wolfram.com/system-modeler/industry-examples/automotive-transportation/

Models built with SystemModeler can be used and examined in Mathematica.

Posted 9 years ago

I should have said for the suspension I will edit that. I have attached the type I'm looking for. Thank you for that link. I am aware of a Quarter model but we have been advised to use the full body model. Full_Body Model

Posted 9 years ago

I would also like to know how Models built with SystemModeler can be used and examined in Mathematica. Thank you.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract