|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica Hangs Up Initializing Kernel

Posted 9 years ago

I have Windows 10 on my PC. I was using Mathematica 10.0.2 Home Edition. It has been working fine. While using Alpha it had some kind of error.

"The kernel Local has quit (exited) during the course of an evaluation." When I tried to open Mathematica again that is when it hangs up while initializing kernel. I double clicked that an got a error message "Wolfram Mathematica 10 is not responding." I restored my system to an earlier date but it did not help. I downloaded 10.0.2 and installed it again. It still does not work. I have Mathematica 9 and it works.

But now I can't use Mathematica 10.0.2 at all. Any solutions?

Thank You

POSTED BY: John Lutz
5 Replies
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 7 years ago

has this been fixed in 11.1.1.0 ?

POSTED BY: Anonymous User

In that case, I would recommend deleting the Paclets directory manually (to locate it, see the updated StackExchange post).

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 9 years ago

Thank you. Deleting the Paclets folder worked.

POSTED BY: Updating Name

Please see my post here.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski

I saw your post about launching wolframkernel.exe. I have version 10 Home edition. I looked and I cannot find that file. I did find mathkernel.exe. Someone on stackexchange said I can use that one. When I launch that one, it shows up for a fraction of a second, then disappears. So I cannot run the paclet function. Any ideas?

POSTED BY: Paul Mayer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract