|
9 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Dashboard not up-to-date

Posted 9 years ago

It's Friday, 9/25/2015 9:27AM on the west coast, and the dashboard is well out of date. Only a couple of posts within the past 24 hours show up. Posts I have email about are not present. If I look for those in "My Discussions" they don't show in header information, but are present when I drill down to them. Best, David

POSTED BY: David Keith
9 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Thanks, June. All looks good this morning.

Posted 9 years ago

Hi David, The issue is fixed now. Please let us know if you still experience the problem.

POSTED BY: June Park

Dashboard is in disorder now.

Evidence 1:

DavidKeithPost

3 replies, no views, plain wrong. At least I red David's post at least once.

Evidence 2:

I dropped a line to Frank's How to Get a Taylor Series for Multiple Variables? , I do appear within the New contributors this month list, but the post itself does not appear in the dashboard (european summer time 18:09, September 30, 2015).

Remark:

Everything is fine on a Windows 8 Smart Phone, but this smart device is not usable for posting.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause
Posted 9 years ago

Again this morning 8:50AM PDT I see only 2 posts from the past 24 hours. This on my laptop running win7 x64 with both IE10 and Firefox. Ctrl-shift-R refreshes,but does not fix the problem.

But! I open the group on my IPad and see lots of posts, so this issue is somewhat localized. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. At my end there is the laptop, and it's getting data from Comcast, through a Motorola cable modem and an Apple time capsule acting as a wifi node. I suppose something in the lineup could have a stuck cache.

Any ideas??!

Edit: And as soon as I post this it shows up, but still not the earlier postings.

Edit 2: As I look through postings on my IPad, I notice postings that I read yesterday on my laptop are now missing on the laptop. For example, "Phase diagram for a plane pendulum" shows on the IPad as from 16 hours ago. I remember reading that yesterday on my laptop. But it is now in the missing group when looking on the laptop.

Posted 9 years ago

As a continuing story:

As noted above, my IPad shows a probably up-to-date dashboard, but my laptop does not in either IE or Firefox. To further partition the problem, I checked my workstation, also win7 x64. It is not on the wifi but rather cat5 through a switch to a Time Capsule router port. It was up-to-date, like the IPad. So I took the laptop to the workstation intending to plug it directly into cat5 rather than over wifi. First I check to make sure it still shows an incomplete dashboard while still on wifi. It does not! It now looks up-to-date.

So, two hypotheses:

1) In the time between checking the laptop before checking the workstation and checking the workstation, the external problem was healed.

2) Something about checking the site using the hardwired connection cleared the problem, so it no longer existed when I did the control check on the laptop.

So the next time this appears I plan to immediately take the laptop to the workstation, confirm the malfunction, open the site on the workstation, then check the laptop again!

Posted 9 years ago

Hello,

It is difficult to provide good diagnostic information because of how the problem shows up. And I don't in fact know it is not just showing up for me, although it does appear with both IE and Firefox. So let me say a bit more:

On Friday morning (above), I had received several emails regarding discussions I was following. But when I went to the community, I saw a dashboard that contained only a couple of posts in the past 24 hours, with none of the posts about which I had received emails. But, if I went to "My Discussions" to find them I could open them and see the recent replies about which I had received emails. When I made the first post above regarding the Dashboard I saw that post in the dashboard a few minutes later, but still the earlier posts I knew were there, and could be reached from My discussions, were still not present.

This morning I was reading the group at 9:27, and there were quite a few posts. But I went to read again at 10:00, and they were gone. There was 1 post from an hour earlier, but the next latest post showing on the dashboad was now from 20 hours earlier. But I knew there were later posts, because I had been reading them only a half hour earlier, and the had been on the dashboard then. I posted an image of the dashboard at that time.

I suspect in both cases the missing posts were in the community records, and probably available by search or through links, but just not showing up on the dashboard.

This could of course be a problem somehow local to me -- nobody else seems to have joined the discussion. But it is troublesome that I see it both in IE and Firefox -- one would think they have different caches.

The next time it happens I will try the hard refresh, and also see if I can identify a post I know has been made much earlier, but does not show. Do note this is only a minor issue. But if it really is happening at the server end I thought you would like to know about it.

Best regards, David

Hi David, could you try hard refresh: CTRL+SHIFT+R or CMD+SHIFT+R? Also it is hard to understand without a comparison what do you mean. Could you just give a link to a post that does not appear within 10 minutes on dashboard? Dashboard has a lag, usually less than 5 - 10 minutes.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 9 years ago

It's Sunday, 9/27, 10AM PDT. Once again the Dashboard has gone AWOL. I was reading postings at 9:30 and there were many in the past day, including this morning. Now at 10AM the recent postings have disappeared. Here is what I see in both Firefox and IE: enter image description here

Posted 9 years ago

But, the above post showed up immediately. Earlier posts are still missing.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract