|
1 Reply
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

URLFetch support for NTLM in 10.2.0.0

Posted 9 years ago

In Mathematica 10.0.2.0 for Windows, I had been able to run URLFetch against a site requiring NTLM authentication. When I run URLFetch[url, "Headers"] I can see that only one WWW-Authenticate value is available in the HTTP response: {"WWW-Authenticate", "NTLM"}. This indicates that the site only supports NTLM authentication.

After I upgraded to Mathematica 10.2.0.0 for Windows, the same command stopped working. It will prompt for credentials. After I enter the credentials in the dialog the evaluation hangs on the URLFetch command.

Is there any way to run URLFetch against a URL for a site that uses NTLM with Mathematica 10.2.0.0?

It seems that passing the "Username" and "Password" options to URLFetch does work. Therefore, the issue is limited to the use of the credential prompt dialog box when "Username" and "Password" options are not provided. This may be a defect in Mathematica 10.2.0.0. Passing credentials to the command should produce the same behavior as entering them into the dialog box.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract