|
|
0 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

"Presentations" add-on: graphics directives ignored now with Draw, etc

Am I correct that with recent versions of Mathematica, including at least 10.2, the rendering of graphics has changed for certain of the Draw-like primitives in David Park's Presentations add-on package?

Namely, the graphics directives Red and Thick are ignored In:

<<Presentations`

Draw2D[
         {Red, Thick, Draw[x^2, {x, 0, 1}]
         }]

My recollection is that they did not get ignored previously. (Although, oddly, Dashed is not ignored even now if it's also included there.)

The same issue is affecting all the related Presentations functions such as ParametricDraw, ListDraw, etc. And of course then the Presentations complex graphics routines such as ComplexCurve that call those more basic Presentations routines.

By contrast, such graphics directives are not ignored when what's being rendered are basic geometric objects, e.g.:

Draw2D[
       {Red, Thick, Line[{{0,0}, {1,1}}] 
       }]

And hence the graphics directives are not ignored for complex graphics objects such as ComplexPoint, ComplexLine, ComplexCircle.

(One purpose of Presentations was to have a simpler paradigm for putting all kinds of graphics objects together, and that included, I thought, allowing graphics directives to affect the cover functions Draw, List Draw, etc. for Plot, ListPlot, etc., without the need to use PlotStyle within them.)

(1) Am I correct that this represents a change in behavior of Presentations within Mathematica? And if so...

(2) Any idea how to fix this?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract