Message Boards Message Boards

Can you use an EC Fan with the Raspberry Pi

Posted 9 years ago

Hi All

Firstly thank you for taking the time to look at my post. This is my first post and I am also a beginner with the Raspberry Pi

I am fairly certain it is possible to use an EC centrifugal fan and temperature probes with the Raspberry Pi but I wanted to know if any one has done this before or knows if it is possible. The company I work for is using what we call the FaEn board which a company has developed for us, it only outputs and it is analog. So it continuously monitors and modulates the fan speed. However the development potential is small with this product and would rather it be digital.

If it is possible to use these types of fans with the Pi I want the fans to be monitored, corrected for temperature and display on a GUI which allows you to also control. Also alerts to be sent to the user if there are any issues in other temperature or error etc.

Looking to also add other products to it but this is a starting point for me to see if it has the potential. This is a link to one of the products we use the FaEn board on and would swap to a Pi if it works Brochure view (couldn't upload the pdf i think it is too large). Please note that this is not me trying to sell any products but just as a reference of what the Pi would be used for. Again thank you for taking the time to look at my post and any help will be greatly appreciated.

POSTED BY: Callum Cook
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract