4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Shift+Enter from iPad

Posted 9 years ago

Am I missing something basic? I just paid for mathematica online so I could use it from my new iPad Pro... But how does one shift+enter?

POSTED BY: Andrew Jacobs
4 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

No, I hadn't tried that app - thanks for the tip! I think once they update it to take advantage of the iPad Pro's larger screen that'll be a decent solution. Thanks very much for the help.

Hi,

have you tried the Wolfram Cloud app on iOS? It's got an adapted keyboard, which works quite nicely. If you use Mathematica in the browser, you would have to click on the three dots on the top right of the notebook and then go to evaluate and then evaluate cell, I believe.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Without a mouse or a full keyboard, I'm not sure how I would use Mathematica Online.

• You can use Shift+Enter to evaluate a cell.
  • Alternatively you can hover your mouse over a cell. A grey gearbox will appear. Clicking on this will give a quick menu that allows you to evaluate a cell.

These are the only easy ways that I know of to evaluate a cell. You can also evaluate a cell from the menu at the top of the notebook as well.

Maybe there's a feature for the IPad that will allow you to emulate having a mouse or a conventional keyboard?

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 9 years ago

Yes, there's certainly no mouse but there is a "keyboard" which which does allow one to "shift+enter". The problem is this doesn't execute the code. I see now that there is indeed an evaluation menu option at the top of the notebook. Having always used a desktop Mathematica I'd never looked for it before.... In any case it would be nice if there was some way of replicating shift+enter other than going through a menu.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract