|
5 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Dashboard wrong?

Posted 9 years ago

When I look at the dashboard right now (Monday 1509 PST) using Firefox and Win 7, I see the first 3 posts at 33, 36 and 40 minutes ago. The 4th post is at 6 hours, with more older posts following. Is it really the case that we went for over 5 hours on a Monday afternoon with no posts to the community?

POSTED BY: David Keith
5 Replies

Thank you for your feedback. Occasionally the site might go through a maintenance. It is sometimes experienced differently by different users. Complete data synchronization happens after maintenance is done and everything is again experienced in the same way.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 9 years ago

That's interesting.

Last week (I forgot which day) the Dashboard didn't come up at all to me for nearly 24 hours. No posts. No "Groups" or Contributing Members in the sidebars. I was using Opera behind a firewall here at work, but that's never stopped the Dashboard before. But Opera, nor IE, nor Chrome could pull it up. I checked again later in the day. Same lack of results. I, too, wondered, "How could anyone take a break from Mathematica?"

The next morning, I checked the Dashboard and it was still down, at least to me. I looked up the profiles of some of the regular contributors and checked their latest posts. Yes, the Community was still actively posting. I just couldn't see anything.

Another check that day suddenly gave me the Dashboard in all its Wolfram glory! And none of the current posts showed that there was ever a problem. It was seemingly only on my end.

/* shrugged shoulders */

FWIW.

--Glen

POSTED BY: Glen Deering

All I can say it that it was not only at your end. I had trouble with that last week, too. I do see this from time to time but it is transient. It does not depend on the network. It sometimes shows the symptoms you report at work, at home and on 4g at the same time, but usually it magically fixes itself after some time.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 9 years ago

Yes -- I think I was over zealous. It's probably the holiday here in the US. Although I can't understand why anyone would quit doing Mathematica for the holidays -- That just gives us more time for it, doesn't it? ;-)

POSTED BY: David Keith

Dashboard does have some delay on updating information and now we are testing some new internal settings. But we have not received any messages from members that their posts do not go through.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract