Message Boards Message Boards

How to write a caption under two graphics

I made two graphics in http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/KnotPatternSimilarToALotusKolam/

I would like to write a caption in the common bottom of these two graphics to copy them with the caption for publishing them in other papers.

Would you teach me how to write such a caption as "Torus knot (left) and Lotus Kolam (right) 12 leaves, 5 periods, 1 loop, and 46 crossings", instead of the present labels of each upper side of two graphics?

These variables are changed with animation control bars of n and l, and the results.

I could write a label in a graphic like http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/LissajousLikeKolam/ but for one graphic.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Nagata Hannya
8 Replies

Dear Abassi Thank you.

I was told that the previous code in this discussion was good for copying (getting) an entire image including any messages and manipulation bars on one operation of "cell-copy" of a graphic-cell.

Thanks again Nagata,

Dear Abassi Thank you.

I got the solution applying your idea/code. please visit

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/758482

thank you agian

Attachments:

Dear Abassi or anyone interesting in. I revised again the last code to the new ver 5.4 resulting the attached nb and image. I got the caption of the common variables. But not completed. They can not been copied with these graphics inside of the red line areas. Would you teach me ? How to write the common variables which can been copied with the graphics.

Nagata,

label = StringTemplate["`1` leaves `2` periods `3` loop(s) `4` crossings by S.N."]
          [nn, ln, lop, nn (ln - 1)];
Framed@Labeled[ Grid[List@{ Show[ 
         If[lop == 1, {plm, p21, par}, {}], 
         If[lop == 2, {plm, p21, p22, par, par2}, {}],
         If[lop >= 3, {plm, p21, p22, p23, par, par2, par3}, {}] 
          ], klm}],
       Style[label, Blue, Bold, 18],  Bottom] 
Attachments:

Dear Abassi or anyone interesting in. I revised the last code to the new ver 5.3 resulting the attached nb and image. But not completed. There are some extra messages e.g. Grid[, {{ , }}, and Alignment->Center]. and also the common variables can not been copied with these graphics. Would you teach me ? How to remove the extra messages, and write the common variables which can been copied with them.

Nagata,

Attachments:

One possible way is to use Labeled

g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -2 Pi, 2 Pi}, Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {{"f(x)", None}, {"x", "sin(x)"}}];
g2 = Plot[Cos[x], {x, -2 Pi, 2 Pi}, Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {{"f(x)", None}, {"x", "cos(x)"}}];
g = Grid[{{g1, g2}}];
Framed@Labeled[g, Style["My amazing plots", Red, 16], Alignment -> {Bottom, Center}]

You can also use just Grid, like this

lbl = Style["My amazing plots", Red, 16];
Framed@Grid[{{g1, g2}, {lbl, SpanFromLeft}}, Alignment -> Center]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract