|
|
3 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

WSTP Development in C (Mac OS X)

I followed the manual exactly in order to try to compile the 'addtwo' example before continuing:

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/tutorial/WSTPDeveloperGuide-Macintosh.html

I'm however not an expert in compiling/c++, but after long fiddling around I found out that the makefile is incorrect, and I had to change two lines to make it work, original:

CADDSDIR = ${WSLINKDIR}/${SYS}/CompilerAdditions
MATHLINK_LIB = -lMLi4

changed:

CADDSDIR = ${WSLINKDIR}/${SYS}/CompilerAdditions/AlternativeLibraries
MATHLINK_LIB = -lWSTPi4

Then using commands as provided in the documentation worked:

wsprep addtwo.tm -o addtwotm.c
make addtwo

I have a feeling more people will have this problem, so I'd better post it here. I'm not sure if this is erroneous in the documentation or machine-specific.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
3 Replies

Yes, this is a documentation bug. If you look at the actual Makefile in the layout, $InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/Links/WSTP/DeveloperKit/MacOSX-x86-64/WSTPExamples/Makefile, it is correct.

The difference between the libraries in CompilerAdditions and the ones in AlternativeLibraries is the usage of the libstdc++ runtime vs libc++. Since Apple changed the default in recent versions of OS X/Xcode, one should either add the -stdlib=libstdc++ flag with the first set of libraries, or else use the alternative set.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski

Thanks for confirming! I missed the makefile, but indeed there is one. I copied the one from the documentation. @Ilian Gachevski, as you are an employee at WR; could you report it? It is quite an easy fix... Thanks!

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract