|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Wolframs Rule 116 tomorrow was yesterdays Rule 46

For those interested in Wolframs New kind of Science a New Kind of Science I saw these prof. Chua Lectures where he states and elaborates on a remarkable slide that tomorrow of Rule 116 is yesterday of Rule 46. For those not faint of heart check out the Chua lectures (the last two discuss Wolframs Rules and findings)

https://www.hpematter.com/event/chua-lectures-first-12-part-series-hp-labs

POSTED BY: l van Veen
2 Replies

In the video 11 (he talks about NKS in 11 and 12) Leon Chuah mentions that there are 256 types of neurons, and says that is just a coincidence that there are 256 elementary cellular automata.

Does anyone know what he is talking about? This sounds like it would be the start of a nice NKS project.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland

Leon Chuah's lectures are always entertaining. If one is already familiar with his work, or well-versed in electrical engineering, it provides a way to better understand NKS. But it can be challenging to understand. It switches between some trivial stuff to some fairly deep ideas.

I like how he finds the 1200 page book to be more of a starting point, how he wanted to see more details, and ended up writing six books about it himself. I can't really say I understand much of it, but a few years ago we had a summer school student Mohamed Al-Emam whose project was to clarify Leon Chuah's Complexity Index for the elementary cellular automaton. He ended up writing a paper for Complex Systems with Vitaliy Kaurov, who was his advisor.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract