|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Wolframs Rule 116 tomorrow was yesterdays Rule 46

POSTED BY: l van Veen
2 Replies

In the video 11 (he talks about NKS in 11 and 12) Leon Chuah mentions that there are 256 types of neurons, and says that is just a coincidence that there are 256 elementary cellular automata.

Does anyone know what he is talking about? This sounds like it would be the start of a nice NKS project.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland

Leon Chuah's lectures are always entertaining. If one is already familiar with his work, or well-versed in electrical engineering, it provides a way to better understand NKS. But it can be challenging to understand. It switches between some trivial stuff to some fairly deep ideas.

I like how he finds the 1200 page book to be more of a starting point, how he wanted to see more details, and ended up writing six books about it himself. I can't really say I understand much of it, but a few years ago we had a summer school student Mohamed Al-Emam whose project was to clarify Leon Chuah's Complexity Index for the elementary cellular automaton. He ended up writing a paper for Complex Systems with Vitaliy Kaurov, who was his advisor.

POSTED BY: Todd Rowland
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract